Friday April 23 2004
A showcase of Madison's underground art scene featuring artwork and philosophy from local artists, as well as DJ JESSIE COLLINS
. Bellydancing and live music from:
- A Madison based group playing an intense mixture of latin, funk, rock, pop, and jazz with a
unique sound that carries the energy of all members' love for the music they play. The songs range from powerfull ballads to uptempo dance numbers, to greasy latin influenced grooves.
- If Radiohead and Garage Rock had a bastard child, it would be Solid Gold. Electronic drums mixed with sweet melodies and heavy guitars as well as video during their live show make for an extremely entertaining act. They describe themselves as "sedative rock", but in a good way.
- A self described "Dizzying aray of emotion, sweat, and really loud instruments". Just the type of music for those who long for the days when the Pixies, Sonic Youth, and Dinosaur Jr were still ruling the so called "alternative" scene. Take that, update it, make it loud, and you've got Echo Static.
• Doors at 7PM, bands at 10PM
• 21 ID required
• NO COVER before 9PM, $5 after